This project was created in collaboration with Marc Brown.
Also, this project can be adapted for various grade levels.
Common Core Standards are used to teach this unit. It was created with the flexibility to meet all of the standards that the teacher has time to explore. All reading, writing and speech standards are met through the books, research and presentations students use for the unit.
Students the authors taught in fourth grade, for example, met all except geometry standards, which could certainly be included.
This unit has met the following math standards for 4th grade:
4.NF 1-7 Fractions and decimals
- 1-2 Hours
- 1+ Day
- 1+ Week
- 1+ Month
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Presenter 8
- Passport worksheets (Figure 1a, 1b, 1c - in primay file upload)
- Use Adobe Photoshop to create your passport photo
- 12” x 18” piece of white construction paper
- Cut navy blue construction paper into a 4.5” x 6” piece
- Gold Marker
Iqbal by Francesco D’Adamo
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
Listen to the Wind: The Story of Dr. Greg and Three Cups of Teaby by Greg Mortenson & Susan L. Roth