visual literacy in schools

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 by jon papworth Latest activity: Dec 11, 2013

7 4,837
  • No Ratings

I am currently writing a paper on how visual literacy is used within the whole school and how art within subjects can help raise skills and understanding in key areas. i would be really interested in any responses or experiences people have. i will post the paper on my profile when finished if anyone is interested.

Comments (7)

jon papworth

Posted on Dec 11, 2013 10:59 AM - Permalink

sorry for the delay in this I have written up our findings and looking at ways to impact on the academy my paper has been uploaded in my shared resources if any one is interested in the findings

Nancy Parker

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 11:30 PM - Permalink

I am very interested in this type of research specifically as it relates to serving students with disabilities.

JAMES VAN VORIS

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 1:42 PM - Permalink

jon, can you post your current bibliography of resources? i am very interested in this same research and how faculty can be trained to use it.

Rakesh Mondal

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 8:26 AM - Permalink

Hello Jon,

sound interesting, can u share some inside, what kind of contribution you are expecting

I will be happy to help you.

Judy Durkin

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 4:33 AM - Permalink

I am very interested. There are a lot of resources online on visual literacy. Have you ever used VTS in your classroom? VTS=Visual Thinking Strategies. It is a research-based program for grades K-12. Used it for years. http://www.vtshome.org

Piper Joseph

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 4:22 AM - Permalink

Hi Jon, You might want to check out Ed Exchange's new professional development workshops. There are three that discuss visual literacy: Digital Storytelling, The Power of Images, and Data Visualization. Additionally, there are several that address STEM to STEAM. Looking forward to your paper! http://edex.adobe.com/professional-development/ --Piper Joseph

JAMES VAN VORIS

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 1:40 PM - Permalink

is this adobe ed exchange? can you provide links?