Flip Classroom

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 by Tony Bolder Latest activity: Apr 8, 2014

4 4,548
  • 1 Rating

As I now have the much appreciated free Adobe Presenter 9 software, I feel there is a great need to start seriously thinking about how to implement e-learning into my classroom. I have currently started to use another piece of 'on-line' software on the www.edmodo.com website. My students overwhelmingly like using this, and it is my intention to combine this site with Adobe Presenter 9.

This method of getting students involved in an interactive way will, I'm sure, benefit their learning, and allow them to access ALL of their work anywhere they feel they want to work. My personal opinion on e-learning is that it must be made fully interactive, otherwise students will become bored with what they are doing. There must be an end product that students can make use of, and justify. I also think that having various levels of interactivity for students to choose from, will enable those who are gifted and talented to make further progress, and not get bogged down with mundane levels of interactivity.

Comments (4)

Tony Bolder

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 4:34 PM - Permalink

As an add to this discussion point, I have dropped using Adobe Presenter 9 due to the fact that it does not work on my PC system, despite numerous attempts to get it to work. Hence, my focus has changed to Camtasia Studio 8, as this seems to work well with the system I have. A shame, but I have no intention of messing about with software that will not work.

dennis wilson

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 1:18 PM - Permalink

I had a hard time also. However after a long discussion/help session with Adobe expert we determined that our district's web filtering system was not allowing permissions to the functions (not a tech guy so bear with me). After my tech dept. worked it through it works great. I do not know if this is your problem but good for others to know.

Tony Bolder

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 10:41 PM - Permalink

Hi Dennis

Sounds good to me, however my OS is Windows 8, and Adobe have admitted they do not support Windows 8 in Adobe Presenter 9. A very strange statement to give, considering the fact that Presenter 9 came out around the same time as Windows 8. Surely they would have made some form of effort to sync up with this modern OS. Still, there is time, but nothing seems to be forthcoming on this issue.

dennis wilson

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 1:47 PM - Permalink

Very true. Forgot about that. My school is still running Microsoft version 7. Sorry to hear that it did not work. hopefully they will address the compatibility as they move forward.