Upgrading to Adobe CC - Educational Setting

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 by rob johnson Latest activity: Jun 4, 2014

6 2,791
  • 3 Ratings

Does anyone have a story they would like to share about upgrading to Adobe CC for their students?

We currently have a site license for Adobe Master Collection CS5 - and need to upgrade hopefully this summer. Is moving to CS6 a better option until the education pricing for CC gets more flushed out?

Looking for cost-effective recommendations and how the process works for students - does each student in the program get his/her own Adobe ID to use at school and home? Or is it strictly by computer? I currently teach my courses in a 25 seat computer lab.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Adam Dinnes

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 8:34 PM - Permalink

Hi Rob. We are in the same boat. We have only upgrading when it is affordable (every few years), and really struggling with what to do on the new subscription-based system. Last summer we upgraded lab machines to CS6, but have no plans to move beyond that in the near term due to the prohibitive cost. I am definitely interested in hearing from others on how they are tackling this situation. Thanks for posting this topic!

Mark Finlayson

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 6:31 AM - Permalink

Hi Rob, we are in a similar situation..500 licenses for CS5 Master Collection...(and 500 for CS3)...would love a cost effective upgraded path.

Kevin Cagno

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:11 PM - Permalink

If you have a site license and upgrade path for CS5 you may already have access to CC. We were using CS6 and after doing some investigating found out that when we logged into the Adobe Licensing site that we had access to the CC programs. Once you log into the site there is a link on the left under the serial retrieval that is for software downloads. I have done some limited deployment of CC on a couple of computers and it has worked well. It is a little "clunky" and I found that because of firewall issues I had to do some work arounds but you should be able to do that will help from your IT department. You will actually download a packager that will allow you to customize how you want to deploy the software. There is some documentation on the Adobe website.

Mark Finlayson

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 6:30 AM - Permalink

Do you have a link for that documentation...we are in a similar position.

Kevin Cagno

Posted on Apr 24, 2014 11:43 AM - Permalink

Adobe Education

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:16 AM - Permalink

Hi Rob,

There's been a number of related discussions on this topic that you may want to check out here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Cheers,

~Adobe Education