Pass/Fail score for ACA Exams

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 by Rhitt Growl Latest activity: Apr 29, 2014

7 3,812
  • 1 Rating

Does anyone know where I can find the pass/fail cutoff scores for the ACA Illustrator Exams? Also, does anyone know if you can "fail" a practice exam?

I am a high school teacher that is new to the ACA process and my students have only taken practice exams. So far, every student has passed every practice exam. The lowest score was a 500 out of 1000 and they still passed. As the student that received the 500 was taking the test I watched her skip the last 10 questions and she still passed. Is this normal?

Best Answer

Kevin Cagno

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:02 PM

I have taken all the tests and the cut scores for the tests are as follows:

Premiere 550
Dreamweaver 650
Flash 650
Illustrator 700
InDesign 700
Photoshop 700

Comments (7)

karen walsh

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 3:57 PM - Permalink

When you take an ACA exam, you get a score report with a percentage breakdown. The cut scores are listed on that report. Hope that helps!

Best Answer

Kevin Cagno

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:02 PM - Permalink

I have taken all the tests and the cut scores for the tests are as follows:

Premiere 550
Dreamweaver 650
Flash 650
Illustrator 700
InDesign 700
Photoshop 700

Rhitt Growl

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 5:35 PM - Permalink

Thanks for sharing this info!!! This is exactly what I was looking for.

rob johnson

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 2:37 PM - Permalink

My students are taking the Premiere ACA Exams this semester and that was the passing score. It was stated at the beginning of the ACA test.

Rhitt Growl

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 5:04 PM - Permalink

I bought a couple extra exam vouchers because I planned on taking the test myself. I'll go take it and see what the passing score is. Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Rhitt Growl

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 1:29 PM - Permalink

Rob, thanks for the reply. Where did you find the score? Was it in some of the documentation on Adobe's website or do they tell it to you when you log in to take the exam?

I found the score for the Illustrator ACE exam but can't find the one for the ACA exam.

I emailed someone at Adobe and they said that they were going to check with Certiport. When I talked to my Certiport rep they said the Adobe set the score. We'll see what they tell me.

rob johnson

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 1:44 AM - Permalink

I'm not sure of the passing score for Illustrator -but my students have been taking The Adobe Premiere ACA Exams this year and the passing score is 550.