Comments (24)

Jered Martinez

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 5:09 AM - Permalink

Hey! Where's the story of Adobe Voice using Adobe Voice?

I work in a district on a military installation. Our entire student population has a parent or guardian in the armed services. This would be great for a mother or father over seas to read a book or story and send back to their child or vice versa.

Jason Webb

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 2:31 PM - Permalink

I am going to help implement Voice in the classroom by having students create a read along story for Kindergartners. It will be a great way for my high school students to interact and learn basic communications skills.

Jody Campbell

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 2:26 AM - Permalink

Our monthly student news publication is going digital and I think Voice would be a great tool for contributing students to add dynamic content quickly and easily regardless of major or video product experice.

Jody Campbell

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 2:11 AM - Permalink

Our monthly student news publication is going digital and I think Voice would be a great tool for contributing students to add dynamic content quickly and easily regardless of major or video product experience.

Albert Thomas

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 2:15 PM - Permalink

Adobe voice would be a great tool for students to do book reviews over summer reading projects. In high school it could be a great capstone project to sum up a students time in high school.

Ursula Cable

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 9:49 AM - Permalink

I am going to use Voice to model assignment tasks with explanations of the features of particular responses. I will also get students to use this to create book trailers and to combine images with book reports. A fabulous tool. I'm just beginning to speculate on all of the potential uses for it.

Ann Riding

Posted on Jul 18, 2014 10:35 PM - Permalink

Here are just a few of the ways I think I will use it at school:

Booktalks for the library website

School announcements

"about our school" videos for the school website

assignment videos for blended learning

storyboarding for larger video projects

collaborating with language arts, science, math, art, history and other teachers and their students

Marc Boucher

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:55 PM - Permalink

Voice is a great idea, and I think, if I have to use it, it's first for exam or to have proje made after a lesson to see if the students have understant itt (make in school or home).

Deborah Hargroves

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 12:32 AM - Permalink

I LOVE Adobe Voice! I plan to use it to announce and explain assignments to students. I would like for students to use it to document events in the school and to present information to show mastery of learning in interesting & creative ways!

Deborah

jason sanders

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 11:42 AM - Permalink

i AM GOING TO TRY TO USE VOICE TO RIENFORCE LEARNING IN THE CLASSROOM i CAN CREAT SMALL PRESENTATIONS ANSWERING QUESTIONS. EXPLAIN CONCEPTS SET WORK. TEACH ENGINEERING I CAN SEE LOTS TO DO WITH THIS APP AND WHEN ITS CROSS PLATFORM i THINK STUDENTS CAN SUBMIT WORK WITH IT INSTEAD OF WRITING THOUSANDS OF WORDS AND WASTING PAPER.

Janet Harris

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 10:54 PM - Permalink

Great tool for the classroom. I teach Digital Media to freshmen and I am looking forward to using it when I teach them "How to Tell a Story". I think this will be a simple tool that they will be able to use while focusing on telling the story and not the technology. I am excited to get project ideas during this course.

Dawnette Brenner

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 2:28 AM - Permalink

I would love to have the option to make the recordings a little longer, perhaps by 30 seconds. Each one of my recordings seems to get cut short.

I love this app and have used it for students to explain a concept they've learned, tutor another student, create a short story, share photos and start a collaborative conversation about them, share resources with team members by sharing on Google Docs and having conversations there or on a blog.

Rachelle Wooten

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 2:37 AM - Permalink

Dawnette,

How did you get the project off the device or how did they publish/share their created stories?

Dawnette Brenner

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 3:08 AM - Permalink

Hi Rachelle,

After my students recorded their stories, we clicked on the box with the arrow to upload and share. the "Share by Email," or "Copy Link" are both options we choose. Students usually copy the link (which is available after the video is uploaded) and post on Edmodo, blogs, Google Document to share with others.

The limitation is that others need to have Adobe Voice on their device to watch. Students mostly watched recordings on their iPhones/iPods, since I only have two iPads. :(

Colette Trad

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 11:15 PM - Permalink

I have spoken to a lot of teachers who have decided not to use it because it doesn't save to camera roll.

carolyn brown

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 4:01 PM - Permalink

I used it but I need to embed the Voice movies in the LMS so students can watch them. The LMS is Etudes (Sakia based) and requires https URLs so I wasn't able to embed the Voice embed code and share with the students.

Rachelle Wooten

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 12:33 AM - Permalink

I would love to collaborate with History teachers and have students create a story that promotes the "big idea" of one or more primary source documents they are currently studying. In math, I could see teachers challenging students to make a creative video that explains how to solve a real-world problem on the mathematics topic they are currently studying. I'd love to see an administrator have his teachers create some Adobe Stories where they introduce themselves and share them on the school's website or broadcast announcements. Lots of ideas of how Adobe Voice can be used for teaching and learning!

Colette Trad

Posted on May 23, 2014 10:59 AM - Permalink

I used it today and had students retell a picturebook in their own words. It was great but I cannot find the URL or LINK to view it or find any embed code. Where did they upload to? I chose Private. Can't find online.

Pip Cleaves

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:46 PM - Permalink

Collette, You should be able to go back into your app and re-publish. Scroll across to your 'old' projects and follow the prompts. This will help you find the link to your private video. Pip

Pip Cleaves

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:46 PM - Permalink

Collette, You should be able to go back into your app and re-publish. Scroll across to your 'old' projects and follow the prompts. This will help you find the link to your private video. Pip

Colette Trad

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 11:47 AM - Permalink

I found it and embedded it on a blog. I love adobe voice.

Eliot Attridge

Posted on May 17, 2014 4:55 AM - Permalink

Good question! Having seen this discussion, I immediately downloaded the app. It looks great, but as with many products I have not created anything with it as yet. This is due to two reasons:

1) I'm not used to hearing my own voice, so for me at this point it is off putting- I wonder how many others have the same issue?)

2) I haven't seen enough examples to draw me in. Learning new software is a balance between the cost of learning with the benefits it may provide. At the moment I am not sure what the benefits are?

I think it's really interesting this 'user block' with software...

Dawnette Brenner

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 3:11 AM - Permalink

Haha love your comment Eliot,

After making several tutorial videos for students, the "off-putting," is a bit old for me. Kids love to hear themselves though, so don't let that hinder you from using this amazing application.

Check out the Adobe Voice in Education, there are several examples there. What do you teach?

Eliot Attridge

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 10:36 AM - Permalink

:-)

I teach science. I've now seen a number of voice 'presos' and I am getting a better idea of how they could be used. Just need some iPads, now! They need a PC / Mac version for this to really take off, methinks.