Creative Cloud site licensing?

Posted on May 28, 2013 by Karen Hellyer Latest activity: Aug 9, 2013

6 2,471
  • 3 Ratings

This is a question for lab and site admins who are teaching using Adobe products. Last year we got a quote for Adobe Master Collection CS6 for our high school. It would be around 15K plus 3K a year for unlimited upgrades, 500 seats. Recently, With the new Creative Cloud Team licenses costing $40 per seat, per month, I'm wondering how people are adjusting their use of Adobe products in the classroom. We were shocked that it would cost 20K per MONTH to provide what would have cost much less per year. Is anyone at Adobe thinking this is supposed to work for schools?

Comments (6)

Aaron Roberts

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 2:05 PM - Permalink

I actually chased this down a bit after the CC announcement. I was very concerned about my school - a very large high school. There IS institutional pricing. It's more or less based on the number of full time employees in your building. Then, it covers EVERY computer in the building - not just 500 seats (a good thing in my large school).

A bit of the ed institution volume licensing can be found here: http://www.adobe.com/volume-licensing/education.edu.html

You probably won't be using CC for Ed Teams... that is the $40/month per seat price tag. I have not yet gotten a price tag yet for CC under the volume licensing for my institution, but will be looking into it this year. We're currently on CS5.

Dan Armstrong

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 8:40 PM - Permalink

I learned a bit about this the other day and the message that I am getting from Adobe is that I need to contact my Adobe sales rep. Please note as well that the prices associated with the Creative Cloud are Year long subscriptions not monthly. I know that the Cloud can be customized to include certain apps rather then everything or other things but your Adobe Sales rep, not a retailer, will need to talk with you about that. End of the story is that there are options but you need to let Adobe know what your needs are. The 20K a month is very far from the actual pricing. You can get information at this link about who your sales rep is.

Nancy Parker

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 11:34 PM - Permalink

I agree the price tag will rule out the software in many institutions of learning. The small public schools districts will not have the dollars to implement. It will virtually rule out the small private K-12 schools and home school students.

Brent Polinsky

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 5:22 PM - Permalink

I have heard that education is the only segment that will/can still get the CD versions.

Karen Hellyer

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 5:32 PM - Permalink

Hi Brent - Each time I speak to someone at Adobe I get a different version of what will be available to education June 21st. My understanding of the cloud is that it does not include discs of any sort, which I'm okay with since I've already got copies of the installers.

Dan Armstrong

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 8:35 PM - Permalink

There will be no CD/DVD's issued with the CC.