Using Adobe eLearning Suite to Enhance your Class or Textbook

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 by Jason Wrench Latest activity: Aug 21, 2013

0 2,272
  • No Ratings

Hello All!!!

My name is Jason Wrench and I'm a long term fan of Adobe and specifically Adobe's eLearning Suite. Recently my textbook, Quantitative Research for Communication: A Hands-On Approach, went into its second edition and I used the eLearning Suite to completely overhaul the website that accompanies the book. From the beginning, the website that accompanies the book has been in my hands and not in the hands of the publisher (Oxford University Press). I wanted the website to be a user friendly source for research. As such, I did a lot of work with Adobe Aftereffects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Captivate to create a series of training videos to walk students through basic calculations in SPSS, PSPP, Excel, and R. I know a lot of schools who are using my book are requiring students to use the accompanying website, so I'm pretty happy with making my book more interactive in a virtual space.

I'm curious if anyone else is using Adobe products to enhance your textbook's market or creating a stronger internet market?

Jason

PS My website is http://www.communicationresearch.info />