Becoming Adobe Certified Associate

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 by Anne Jan Zandstra Latest activity: Aug 4, 2013

9 2,135
  • 2 Ratings

As a highschool teacher I don't want to register as a AATC trainer. Adobe support mentioned the ACA.
I looked at the Adobe site but couldn't find clear information about this.
Are there any teachers on this board who are teaching ACA and are able to explain how to become one?

Thanks in advance!

--Anne Jan--

Best Answer

Keith Hines

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 1:46 PM

I currently teach the ACA exams and have received my ACA in Photoshop (CS5 & CS6), Flash (CS5 & CS6), Dreamweaver (CS5 & CS6), Premiere (CS5 & CS6), Illustrator CS6, and InDesign CS6. The people below are correct, and your school would have to become a Certiport Authorized Testing Center. The nice thing about offering these certifications to your students is two-fold. First, it benefits the students because colleges will sometimes grant credit for passing the exam. The other benefit is that it verifies your ability to train the students and making sure they have the skills to join the workforce with those basic skills tested on the ACA exams. Hope this helps!

Comments (9)

anindya banerji

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 8:51 PM - Permalink

anindya banerji

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 8:01 PM - Permalink

Debbie ade

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 2:35 PM - Permalink

Hello my name is Debbie and I am ACA qualified in Photoshop and Dreamweaver and Premier pro. I teach students to get the ACA certification this I do through the certiport registration to manage the licenses and do the practise tests. Adobe.com using their videos and I use a customised manual from Axzo press.com in class ( check it out on safari.com). I used all these resources to help myself get the quailification. Check out Adobe press.com as they have some deals from time to time and you can get an Adobe in class book for under $20 in a sale.

Anne Jan Zandstra

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 11:13 AM - Permalink

Thanks Keith,

Your answer is very useful. I finaly found out where to go from here and found some studymaterial as well.

Regards

Stacey Jenkins

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 12:09 AM - Permalink

My ACA's in Photoshop, Flash & Dreamweaver reflect our school's current Certiport exam licenses. Study packets for the exams are available on the Certiport site. Another resource, you may find useful, is a set of video tutorials for each exam. Even though I am a digital art & design instructor,... software, videos and industry certification (Certiport) testing was provided via the CTE/Vocational program. Try to check out the videos...they could help you and your students get started. Good luck.

Anne Jan Zandstra

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 11:10 AM - Permalink

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for your reply. I'll sure look in to that!

Regards

Best Answer

Keith Hines

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 1:46 PM - Permalink

I currently teach the ACA exams and have received my ACA in Photoshop (CS5 & CS6), Flash (CS5 & CS6), Dreamweaver (CS5 & CS6), Premiere (CS5 & CS6), Illustrator CS6, and InDesign CS6. The people below are correct, and your school would have to become a Certiport Authorized Testing Center. The nice thing about offering these certifications to your students is two-fold. First, it benefits the students because colleges will sometimes grant credit for passing the exam. The other benefit is that it verifies your ability to train the students and making sure they have the skills to join the workforce with those basic skills tested on the ACA exams. Hope this helps!

Rashad Madyun

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 10:46 AM - Permalink

I'm not an ACA but I can tell you that it can be done through Adobe testing partner Certiport..

www.certiport.com